imperial 5g replacement tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all
yesterday i managed to score a pair of Marantz imperial 5g's for $5. They where a bit beat up but thats fixable. The problem im having is with the tweeters. Both the cones where pushed in and have ripped, so a replacement is necessary. I measured them and they are 6ohm same with the woofer. The tweeters are a Phenolic ring tweeter and i can only find 8 and 4ohm versions. I would prefer to stick with the original look and design but does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do?
Thanks in advance

You should be able to recone (if you find the old parts.)
Now there's a lot about cone tweeters. First the Re=6 Ohms are indeed the 8 Ohms impedance.
Now you need probably a 2" cone tweeter.
Second the Sensitivity might be in the 90's. Look for the specs.
There's a lot to look for as I said and many places (web) to buy from...
sreten posted this one for another build and kind of SPL on the low side.
JAMO 20132 2" Paper Cone Tweeter 299-965
More:
JBL LE26 tweeter-
Cone Tweeters
system7 says the Visaton is used in WLM La Scala
TW 70 - 8 Ohm
TB W2-800SL FR and distoration measurement plots
Haut-parleurs
Tang Band W2-852SH 2" Shielded Speaker Driver 264-808

Also look at these types FAITAL PRO 3FE20 it might be of interest (I know they are 3" but they are 90 dB's SPL. ) for general info.
Faital Pro 3FE20 3" Speakers - Faital Pro 3FE20 mid-high speaker has a wide frequency range from 100Hz to 20kHz and has a lightweight neodymium magnet - Faital Pro 3FE20 40 watt 3" has an efficiency of 91dB SPL for all high quality mid-high applicati
Faital PRO Breitbandlautsprecher 3FE20
FaitalPRO | LF Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.