24bit 192 KHZ how to ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello !

I have Alpine CDA 9887R head unit and I want to listen to my 24bit 192khz flac music collection.
What options do I have if I don't want to downsample songs and write them to CD, as average song size is +/- 100mb.
As far as I understand one option is to connect iPod with Rockbox to the head unit and play flac files through it. Don't need external DAC because 9887R has built in 24bit DAC. In this case the problem is- I have read that iPod with RockBox is not capable of playing 24bit 192khz files, and it will downsample them.
The other option is- maybe I can somehow connect media jukebox such as Popcorn Hour to the head unit and play song through it
What are your suggestions how can I play these 24bit 194kzh music files with Alpine 9887R ?

Thank you very much.

How do you listen to them now?
I ask this because I don't believe you would hear a difference and if you could somehow hook up to an input on the head unit with whatever you use to decode them with now and do a comparison do a down sampled version, I suspect you would not hear a difference on a car audio system. I could be totally wrong too, but a comparison would show you what you may or may not be missing and if it would be worth perusing.

No you don't need to go that low! CD quality 16/44 was what I was referring to. You can use dbPoweramp to make a regular CD, or a Rockboxed iPod will easily play 16/44 flac files. It is the difference between CD, 16/44 and the higher rate files I was trying to describe. I think it would be hard to hear a difference between these, especially with my old ears!:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.