Finger Cellular Phone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JAPAN DOES IT AGAIN! A NEW PHONE USING THE HAND AS ANTENNA?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Japanese people are just too amazing with the innovative products they seem to manufacture at a non stop pace. This is the next electronic item they have manufactured. NTT DoComo has created the first finger phone. Yes, a finger phone just like it says.

This new phone is called the Whisper. Think of a James Bond movie when you read this article because it certainly fits the profile to a T. Using the anatomy of the human body probably isn't something that we would normally think of as a conductor but NTT DoComo did.

Here is how it works. The wireless phone consists of a wristband, microphone, and a component to convert sound into vibrations. You hand acts as the receiver! The only thing you have to do is to stick your finger into your ear to hear an incoming call.

The caller's voice is transmitted into vibrations that are transmitted through the hand, the finger, and then into the ear canal. Commands such as hanging up and answering the phone is done by tapping the finger. Yes it would really work. Read up on audiology some time and you will find that vibration is actually what we hear and not sound. These devices should be available on the commercial market in or around 2005.

If you were really bored, you could look into researching the wireless devices that can be found in Japan. They are definitely ahead by light years to most other countries using advanced technologies. it would be really nice to get some of those cool toys over here in the US.
http://www.earthvisioncellular.com/newsletter/110100.html#JAPAN
I couldn't find any pictures yet but just saw it on the news today.
So basicaly the finger acts as a speaker :bigeyes:

/Hugo :)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nice one. ;)
I'll smell the voice on the other side of the line... :cannotbe:

Now really, I saw the trailer, really amazing. The guy was sitting there with his finger in his ear talking to someone else. Real science fiction and very funny. Reminded me of Star Trek.

/Hugo – Where is Jam??????????????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.