Adding pre-out / Main-in to Yamaha Receiver (RX-V467)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am planning to add Pre-out / Main-in to my newly purchased (used) RX-V467.
I have little electronic knowledge (basic principles), but I tried to spot where I should make the mod on the schematics (see Attachments).
I don't know exactly what components should be used to make a Pre-Out : what/where to put capacitors, resistors.

Note that the RX-V667 has built-in pre-outs and I have the schematics. That involves using 2 other pins on the Volume control IC (same as V467), but with nearly symmetrical circuit compared to the Amp Chip input.
I would prefer a simple mod and have the amp part disconnected rather than having Pre-outs and built-in Amp working at the same time (useless power consumption).

Could you please help by telling me if I am right or not ?

- On the first Schematic, this is the Volume control part of my receiver (IC153) :
I would like to cut at FL and FR points (to keep muting function) for Pre-out

- On the second schematic, you can see the FL and FR on the amp (STK433) part coming from Volume and that I would like to use as Main-in.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your advices.

Attachments

• RX-V467 Pre-out Volume Side.JPG
    RX-V467 Pre-out Volume Side.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 221
  • RX-V467 Pre-out Amp Side.JPG
    RX-V467 Pre-out Amp Side.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
In fairness, a lot of those views were by robots from google, yahoo, etc. If you google your question, you will probably see this thread as one of the returns. That is because a googlebot came here and scanned the content.

I'd suggest tacking a couple lines onto that point you want to cut. Don;t cut yet, just run wires out to an amp to see if it makes a viable output. If it does, then you probably could cut there and put send and return jacks in.

Just a thought, a solid state power amp produces a signal voltage. Until you connect a speaker load, very little current flows. SO an amp going full bore but with no speaker is not doing much work. And not using a lot of power beyond its idle consumption.

In fairness, a lot of those views were by robots from google, yahoo, etc. If you google your question, you will probably see this thread as one of the returns. That is because a googlebot came here and scanned the content.

I'd suggest tacking a couple lines onto that point you want to cut. Don;t cut yet, just run wires out to an amp to see if it makes a viable output. If it does, then you probably could cut there and put send and return jacks in.

Just a thought, a solid state power amp produces a signal voltage. Until you connect a speaker load, very little current flows. SO an amp going full bore but with no speaker is not doing much work. And not using a lot of power beyond its idle consumption.

Hi,

I didn't know for the googlebot.
I would like to thank you for your input. It is an important point to know, the fact that the Amp draws only little power when not connected.

Is there any impedance problem ?

Let's try and not... fry the Amp.

Thanks !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.