• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Svetlana SV572-10 ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I want a build a SE tube amplifier for my speakers Audio-Note AN-AZ Three 94 dB.
Somebody know this tube ?, any information etc..etc...will be great.

What do you think of the shema of Eric Barvour ?

sv811_1.gif

Thanks in advance.
J-Y

Do you think than 8W will be enough

I have some doubts about zero bias and cap coupling, I feel that some direct coupled topology would be better here since the output tube will draw quite some grid current.

Search for Bob Danielaks audio page, he has built something with SV811-10 if my memory serves.

I dont´t know what to thing, a lot of person in BELGIUM, I think you know the forum !!! told me than with 94 dB, I need at least 12-15 W for having a "realiste" sound.

Do you have a shema of a SE 15W with TK88 or SV572-10, I heard good comment on this tube.

see you

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I dont´t know what to thing, a lot of person in BELGIUM, I think you know the forum !!!

Maybe I do...I only know of one, the going language is Dutch.
If you want to read alot of crap that's the place to go...

told me than with 94 dB, I need at least 12-15 W for having a "realiste" sound.

Well, it never hurts to have some spare Watts provided they're good quality.
Enter the SV572-10...

I did a Google and found more info than I'd hoped for:

SV572-10

Cheers,;)

I cannot decide beetween KT88 SE 11W and the SV572-10 by E.Barbour.

FWIW, I don't think the sv572's are currently being manufactured. Not that they aren't stocked up in various places, but you'll find higher prices for these along with the possibility that they won't ever be made again. Very cool tube though. See the svetlana tech. bulletin page for some more designs.

The sv572 isn't really in the same category as the kt88. The mu=10 version relies on driving grid current to get much power out at low plate voltage, requiring a low impedance driver (direct or xformer coupled, preferrably). There is also a mu=3 version that is more like an 845, requiring high drive signal at high plate volts if you want to get the most out of it.

that probably doesn't help you, though...

I'm listening to "my" version of the Eric Barbour amp as I type. I love it! I've heard it next to some nice amps and I have never been embarrassed. I recently went with a 6DN7 front end in place of the 6EM7 (80K plate resister) and a quasi ultrapath cap for the input. I prefer it to the strict Barbour based circuit. By the way, I also prefer the SV811-10. It always seems a little more "ballsy" than the SV572-10. Better for electric blues. Not your fathers 300B or 2A3 based amp but very nice!

Thanks for your though..

I heard as well a rumor who said than they stop the production for this tube. I try to write to svetlana for confirmation, but all the e.mail are dead. I ask to some dealers and they told me than they never heard such thing.
I don´t know what to think, because I don´t want built a amp with a no produt tubes.

Can you confirm me this or no ?, or maybe you have a e.mail adress for writing to svetlana and ask them.

see you

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

I heard than the production of the Svetlana 572-10 and 811 are not producing anymore or they will stop shortly. Is that true ??, somebody can get any information or e.mail to the people of SV ?

I honestly wouldn't know...

But unless you'd actually want to mass produce with this valve, why worry?

Minimum production runs are often 10.000 units per run.
If you decide to build, stock up on spare valves and don't wait for prices to double/triple which is what they're going to do regardless of whether they're still produced or not.

Look at it this way, valves are a lot cheaper now as compared to what they were in the sixties all things considered.

Cheers,;)

SV572 and SV811-x and 811A were made by Ryazan, but exported via Svetlana.

apparently there is no connection between companies as of now, or at least you can't get them out of russia.. who knows.

Ryazan company is in Ryazan city, south-east of moskva. (or perhaps just in ryazan region.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.