An amplifier for active setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am putting together an active system and am in need of an amp for my woofers, but am not sure where to begin, pro audio options are there and I'm keeping an eye out for a nice solid state hifi amp, but was recently told that class D was really good for bass, allowing me to use my existing Denon POA2400 amp for highs. Is this true, because I would be willing to take this approach (but I suppose the opposite could happen too, a new amp for highs denon on woofs). I have a budget of about $200, but I'm open to spending less haha. I plan on eventually building an F5 turbo so I can run a 3 way, so I'm not sure where what would be best suited. Is building a class d amp in my price range possible?

IMO you should make efforts to Not buy Chinese product though.
The few $ saved may not feel so good in your pocket if something goes awry or even dissapoints.
Yes! that ups the entry price significantly... also the quality. As the parts used are far less likely to be Fakes.

China

I strongly disagree with your remark "Bare" I have very good experience over the years with many Chinese manufacturers and Ebay sellers like Connexelectronic , Zoe Tsang , Along and many others . They delivered high quality products and many of the companies I bought from have a very professional follow up .
I received some fake products as well over time , but mostly due to my own stupidity when the price was too good to be true .

( I'm not Chinese , born in Holland 60 years ago and living in Australia for the last 10 years :))

Cheers ,

Rens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.