• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Found Original Genalex 12AX7..Need Advice..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I purchased a large lot of vacuum tubes through a CL ad about a year ago. Among them were many rare and valuable tubes. I thought i had set aside all the rare ones. I decided to go through them again and i found an original Genalex 12AX7 (B759). It is still wrapped in plastic and is in amazing condition. I am going to sell it on that auction site most likely. I need funds for a DIY project.

Question:
Should i open this tube (take out of plastic) and test it on my TV-7 or leave it sealed? I have no doubt that it will test OK but i am just wondering what it would do to the value. Would a collector rather have it sealed or tested? Just wondering which option would be best..

Thanks so much,
Madison R

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 90
Don't put it under your pillow for the tooth fairy to find.
Don't rip the lip of the lid when trying to open it.
Don't give it to children to play with.

Do take as many photos of it as you can and put those photos on the auction site. Photos sell.
Do wrap it in bubble wrap loosely as soon as said bubbly wrap is available to you..NOT TOO TIGHT!
Do give it at least 1 inch thick of bubble wrap before you put it in the box when you are shipping it.
Do accept payment via paypal only.
Do send it via Registered airmail with tracking, no exceptions.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.