Bd1000 part numbers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys a buddy of mine wanted me to look at his bd1000 for him. right away I noticed there was continuity at the power and ground blocks. Took back cover off and noticed the center of the board overheated and the pwm "sg3526n" overheated also. There are 4 some components in te same area in q17 q19 q20 ad q21 does anyone know part numbers for these components? One of these components starts smoking when amp powers up. Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
Every BD1000 I have repaired with a faulty SG3526, when that IC is replaced the amp will not power up, wont do anything. Never have figured out why.

You have to change the 0 ohm resistor to a 1K resistor which is located in the R34 location on the board.

Its very strange but I dont know why, maybe Rockford used a 1 of a kind IC or something wierd!!!

Every BD1000 I have repaired with a faulty SG3526, when that IC is replaced the amp will not power up, wont do anything. Never have figured out why.

You have to change the 0 ohm resistor to a 1K resistor which is located in the R34 location on the board.

Its very strange but I dont know why, maybe Rockford used a 1 of a kind IC or something wierd!!!

Replace sg3526 and replace the 0 ohm resistor for a 1k and then it will work?

Im not saying that is your only problem.......You probably have blown output fets or power supply fets. The fets, gate resistors, and drivers will have to be repaired before anything.

After they are repaired or confirmed not defective then you can work on the SG3526 if its repair, they rarely fail.....can you post a pic of the board?

Have you metered the output fets?

Have you metered the power supply fets?

If the components you stated earlier in your post are burned most likely the power supply fets and gate resistors need to be replaced along with the drivers.

Next step would be to determine what took out the power supply, wether it be reversed polarity or shorted output fets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.