Faulty Rockford Fosgate T8002

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Slightly old thread but here it goes:
Would it be worth fixing this thing up?
All the output devices are fried, those marked with red. Only the one´s on the left vertical side are ok.
IMAG1137.jpg

:trash:

It's likely that only one the marked transistors is shorted. Measure the resistance from leg 1 to leg 2 for each transistor. If only one has lower resistance than the others. cut at least 2 of its legs free from the board and re-check the rest to see if any appear to be shorted.

If none of the remaining transistors appear to be shorted, install a 15-20 amp fuse in the B+ line to see if it will power up and produce clean audio.

If you have clean audio, it's likely that the drive circuit is OK.

You'll need to carefully check the gate resistor and the 0.1 ohm source resistor for the shorted transistor. Post your findings for this.

All of the marked transistors will have to be replaced.

Anyone still look at this page? Got a T8002 i'm trying to diagnose. I'm a rookie in this arena though. anyone able to point me to what i need to look for when testing the components and how t do so? I have dmm and understand testing resistance, diodes, ect. just not familiar with testing theses components.
Amp powers up and produces sound, just very quiet and limited.
Thanks for any help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.