help to select and correct 400w TDA2030A OR 200WTDA2030

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• 400w TDA2030A.GIF
    400w TDA2030A.GIF
    70.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 200W TDA2030.GIF
    200W TDA2030.GIF
    167.2 KB · Views: 461
  • power 200watts-amplifier 550x382.gif
    power 200watts-amplifier 550x382.gif
    122.9 KB · Views: 451
400W? 200W?

Sorry, no way.

If You are looking for an amp with such wattage, there is no possibility at all getting it out of theese ICs.
Never ever think of Watt when PMPO is one of the terms involved, wich is in this case.

Look around in here and You will find much better alternatives.

There are no chip amps that will give you 400W into 4 ohms. For this sort of power level you need to build a discrete amplifier. By the time you have paid for the needed transformer, transistors and heatsinks, you will be able to buy a second hand PA amplifier that will do the job much cheaper.

Circuit is chip amp with discrete outputs and bridged. Comes pretty close to 200W into 4 ohms. Either side of bridge should put out about 15 rms volts at clipping which gives you 30 rms into bridged load - which is 225 watts IF the supplies hold up and the output transistors can take it. (Big heatsinks, hefty power supply and rugged output devicess) .

FWIW both circuits look about the same. What differences are you seeing? My 2cents.

The circuit on the right is from Elektor and can produce close to 200W/4R
according to the author , but this is unlikely given rails voltages sagging
under full load.

A better option would be to use TDA2040 wich are the same chips but with
slightly higher voltage and current ratings.

In both cases the power is given as "peak power", and should not be mentioned as the actual power output of any amplifier in my mind.

Agree with Wahab anyway, and I would used the ELEKTOR Cirquit.
A massive transformer is needed for this one anyway, in the pursuit of having stable rails.
500VA per channel at the very least.

I used to build these kinds of amps using the TDA2030's. The Elector schematic should work ok, but with amps based on this principle (discrete shunt output transistors), wiring and decoupling of the TDA2030 is extremely important for its stability. And yes, you have to make sure you electrically isolate them all from the heatsink. They're fun to experiment with and you can quickly pump out some watts :)

I am change project :because power transformer 500va not cheap & ....
now my project is : Single Supply High Power Amplifier TDA2030A + npn/pnp :

http://elcircuits.com/single-supply-...or-bd908-bd907

severl question :
1- whats way to increase power of this circuit ?
2- TIP36B & 2N3055 IS woking in this circuit or not? how many change circuit with use these Transistors
3- best circuit of two : Single Supply TDA2030A BD907 BD908 or TDA2030A Bridge with split power supply 34w Vs-+16
( DC VOLTAGE of my Transformer is 29 v )
4- what is way to increase current of transistor output without voltage increaseing ( darlington for every npn and pnp or parallel transistor)

please guide me to
regad .

Attachments

• Single Supply TDA2030A BD907 BD908.JPG
    Single Supply TDA2030A BD907 BD908.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 232
  • TDA2030A Bridge with split power supply (34w Vs-+16).JPG
    TDA2030A Bridge with split power supply (34w Vs-+16).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 230
In theory with enough output pairs and bridged they could achieve 200Wrms 4R. The voltages work out whether the TDAs are actually up to the job or something else gets in the way I don't now.
Yeah it is a bridged configuration, the TDA's don't get to see such a low load. The resistors in their respective supply lines open the shunt transistors to supply the rest of the current; they can handle it. However, the design is a bit frowned upon because it's an exploitation of an "undocumented" feature (putting a minor load in supply lines of the 2030), hence it was stressed in the documentation going with the scematic that close attention should be paid to proper decoupling. (C6 in the last schematic, left side)

Last edited:
Yes, had to do with stability :) It was a kit produced by Velleman a long time ago, could be over 20 years. There was no supply. The nice thing about this kit was that it was capable of a relatively high power output while being pretty DIY friendly for journeyman engineers :)

I guess I was wrong about that part then, the top of the datasheet even mentions the use as 35W driver. It's what I remembered from way back when I played with the circuit, which is different from the circuit in the datasheet. I distinctly remember about the decoupling for that particular circuit :)

I guess I was wrong about that part then, the top of the datasheet even mentions the use as 35W driver. It's what I remembered from way back when I played with the circuit, which is different from the circuit in the datasheet. I distinctly remember about the decoupling for that particular circuit :)
hi
my english is poor please elucidate youer intention ...
sorry....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.