Home Audio in CAR ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Would like to try a Musical Fidelity X10-D line-level in my car to get a more refined audio. It should be installed between head unit pre-outs and amplifier. I need your opinions concerning 2 different points:

First one: Will this idea works great?

Second: The MF X10-D works in 12VAC but car battery delivers 12VDC; is there any kind of tension's transformer or inverter from 12VDC to 12VAC? I'm also considering to use a 12VDC to 110VAC car inverter and after go to a factory power supply from 110VAC to 12VAC

As I do NOT have knowledge about electricity, would like to know if there is this kind of power inverter to sell or if someone here could do it and how much it should cost.

Thank you very much!!
Nilton

Power inverters are typically very noisy (electrically) and wouldn't likely work well in a high quality system. If you are going to attempt to use one, try to borrow one before buying one to see if it is going to cause any problems.

If it works on 12v AC, the AC is very likely converted to DC inside the unit. If you can determine the internal supply voltage after the conversion, you may be able to find a suitable supply.

Look for a DC to DC converter. Bypass the AC component of your amplifier as Mr. Babin said.

Excuse my ignorance about electricity, but in practice how I bypass the AC components of the audio buffer?

Below is the link to the photo equipment to get a more precise idea of the internal components.

thank you

Attachments

• MF X10-D.jpg
    MF X10-D.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 57
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.