VT1728A USB audio controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That data page is confusing - its USB full-speed (12Mbits) but also has USB high-speed (480Mbits) PHY on board and supports sample rates up to 192k. How to reconcile those two conflicting aspects as USB full-speed only supports up to 96k and two channels in my understanding?

Any chance you might sell a pair? Also, have you got the datasheet? Because google with searching VT1728A filetype:pdf offers only one result with some motherboards in Japanese.
Cheers, Vic.

The data sheet is under NDA. Selling the part alone violates the purchasing terms. I am going to build small qty test boards for hardware/firmware testing. The board has nothing more than essential components such as USB socket, a 6 MHz crystal, serial flash and pin headers. It can be available to forum members.

That data page is confusing - its USB full-speed (12Mbits) but also has USB high-speed (480Mbits) PHY on board and supports sample rates up to 192k. How to reconcile those two conflicting aspects as USB full-speed only supports up to 96k and two channels in my understanding?

I am also asking the supplier about this. Do I need audio class 2.0 driver for 24-bit, 192 k and multichannel streaming?

The test board PCB is back.

Attachments

• VT1728A_TestBoard.png
    VT1728A_TestBoard.png
    489 KB · Views: 255
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.