Need Full Range Driver selection 52 L / 1.83Ft 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 52L cabinet that is in need of a full range driver. Suggestions? I need it to go all the way to 20 Khz, no cut off or it bothers me. So no pioneers or others that need a hint of a tweeter. Box could be ported or vented or small, i could add fill...

I want it to go low

KT 66 Tube amp

Virtue 2.2 amp

bedroom 15 x 18

Help

Jon

Last edited:
I have a 52L cabinet that is in need of a full range driver. Suggestions? I need it to go all the way to 20 Khz, no cut off or it bothers me. So no pioneers or others that need a hint of a tweeter. Box could be ported or vented or small, i could add fill...

I want it to go low

KT 66 Tube amp

Virtue 2.2 amp

bedroom 15 x 18

Help

Jon

I'll only suggest drivers I've heard for myself, although none in this size enclosure

Any of the Alpairs probably - 7.3 would certainly work in smaller volume, but as you said, you could add fill blocks. 10.2 would dig much deeper, at the possible premium of some midrange depth/detail ( I know Mark hates this, but it's what I hear) 12.P? might not quite stretch to 20K, but is a pretty darn easy listen in a smallish room

Fostex FF165WK?

TB W5-1611?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.