Bench Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am tired of having to start every project I prototype by building a power supply, so I have decided to build or buy a decent adjustable voltage, adjustable current (current limited), dual power supply, for my bench, say about ± 25 volts and ≥ 2A. I had pretty much resigned myself to building one, but have noticed that the cost of new, adjustable power supplies on eBay has decreased. This one, 30V 5A 110V Precision Variable DC Power Supply w Clip Cable Digital Adjustable | eBay rated at 30 volts and 5A is pretty inexpensive. But I have a few questions for the experts: 1) could I lash two of these together to create a bipolar supply and 2) do the specs seem good enough for prototyping audio circuits. In particular I was wondering about the noise rating of ≤ 1mV RMS.

Thanks.

Last edited:
these are floating power supplies with a ground you can tie to either polarity. so you can use two, connect the + and - on two supplies together and ground that point to the chassis ground.

I use a similar one but with two outputs, had it for some time now, you can centre tap (-30 -0 - +30) or link to give a high voltage supply (0-60) the current limit has saved many a project.

the noise is fine for general prototyping ;)

this type Dual lab supply

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.