Rockford Fosgate Punch 200 IX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The power supply fets in this amp are shorted ..

The orginals are IRFZ40's with 51 ohm gate resistors..

Would the IRF3205's with 47 ohm gate resistors work or would the IRFZ44N's be better ??

The rectifiers in this are U1610 and U1610R would the U 1620 parts be good replacements since the 1610's have corrosion on them

Also wondering if a diode goes in D4's location ?

The board is marked PC-0696-B

Last edited:
OK i replaced the Power supply fets , Also replace the 3 330 ohm caps..

Amp powers up and idle's perfectly and produces both + - rail voltages..

The amp is not producing the + - regulated 15 volts

Heres what i get on the 7815

Black probe on middle leg reg probe on 3rd leg :5.45

Heres what i get on all 3 legs when black probe is on ground terminal

Leg1:54.6
Leg 2:0
Leg 3:5.45

heres what i get on the 7915 with black probe on leg 1 and red probe on 3rd leg:0.87

Heres the voltaages on all 3 legs

Leg 1:0
Leg 2:0.72
Leg 3:0.87

Any ideas on where to check?

OK replaced both Rectifiers in the amp ..

I have 55 volts of positive rail voltage on the outputs..

I have no negative rail voltage on the outputs but i have - 44 volts on the 1620R's middle leg but for some reson its not making it to the outputs..

I still have no + - regulated 15 volts on any of the op-amps ..

I also have 55 volts on the first leg of the 7815 ..

The amp uses the voltage across both rails for regulation. Since there is no negative voltage, the positive rail is higher than it should be.

Are you measuring the voltage on all legs of the outputs to see if there is negative rail voltage?

If you don't have negative rail on any leg, it should be simple enough to follow the large traces to find the break.

55v on the positive regulator will probably damage it. It's only rated for about 40v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.