Passive Crossovers in Series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the question is real hard to understand, but i'll try and answer the best i can. kind of sounds like you want to series low-pass into a pair of subs (2ohm load) then out into a high pass -->tweeter, then back. no. the low-pass coil will not pass the higher frequency of the single circuit, and then the capacitor will block the low fequencies. being 2 ohm on the low pass will change the frequency, and you may end up with a real narrow mid-rANGE ONLY, PLAYED THROUGH ALL 3 drivers, with everything above and below filtered out. the proper way, would to do the high pass and low pass in parallel, as this is how cross-overs are built. it does not change the ohm load, since the different frequencies go to only one driver at a time. however, you would need the low-pass section to be set to the proper cross-over lpf of a 2-ohm load, and then the high-pass setion frequency to a 4 ohm load. i would suggest to look up "diy cross-over" and go from there. you would run them in parallel, and likely need to put a resistor in to ballance the power output, or the tweeter will be comparatively quiet. why not run 2 tweeters in the circuit and use a 2ohm cross-over?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.