Rockford Fosgate T800-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.

I have a Rockford T800-2 board number PC-4698-B.

I bought the amp broken intending on fixing it. However upon recieving it, the amp works great aside one issue.

The power led does not light up??

D23 is the board location, I removed the led but I think it is different than the D18 and the D21 led's for the thermal and protection.

I have two questions: what is the value of the led, and what feeds the power to the led?

When I removed the led and tested the pads with my meter, one pad has 0 vdc and the other pad has 52.1 vdc.

I thought 52.1 vdc is a little to much for a tiny little led????

Any ideas?

I found my schematic finally and HV+40 vdc feeds it but R70 and R71 are inline before the led and the other end of the led goes to ground.

I will check the value of R70 and R71 they should both be 3K.

The part number for the led in the schematic is SS-5142SM blue.

Is that the actual part number or is that the rockford number?

R70 and R71 are both within tolerance......faulty led?????

Last edited:
The part number is a Rockford number.

IF I would have read it more carefully, I could have saved both of us some time. Yes, 50+v indicates that the LED is defective. I've been using the next larger LED package hoping that the larger package would help it run a bit cooler and last longer. Changing the value of the resistors would also work but may reduce the brightness too much. I think these are the ones I've been using (digikey):
160-1643-1-ND

Just got the parts today, but wont be able to put them in untill tomorrow. I do see the green line you were talking about. On the protection and thermal led's the green line goes to the negative side.

I am sure this one goes the same way. Let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.