2 Tape decks to 1 tape loop?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a hi-fi separates system with 2 cassette decks (a technics rs-bx707 and sony tc-we475). They're running into a yamaha a-s500 amp. This amp does have 2 tape loops, but i'm currently using one of these with a simple in/out computer audio interface to record analog vinyls and cassettes to digital. Is there some kind of selector switch that will allow me to use 2 recording devices with 1 tape loop? Need selectable input/output as I currently don't have any spare inputs for the second cassette player. How much sound quality if any will I lose? Will this have any bad effect on my amp?

Thanks!

dbx 200X or dbx 400X

Is there some kind of selector switch that will allow me to use 2 recording devices with 1 tape loop? Need selectable input/output as I currently don't have any spare inputs for the second cassette player. How much sound quality if any will I lose? Will this have any bad effect on my amp?
There are 2 dbx options & you'll find both of them on E-bay every single day.

The very simple dbx 200X. It allows you to punch in any of 3 tape decks. You can also hook up 3x audio processors. The processors can be punched into either the record or playback path, OR simply used w/o the decks at all. It also has hook ups for a dbx Compander (Compressor/Expander) Noise Reduction unit (also avail. on E-bay everyday).

The more complex option is the dbx 400X. It has all the options of the 200X, But it allows you to punch in/out the dbx compander individually for each tape deck.

Both the 200X & 400X are completely passive, so there is no signal degradation. Also your preamp/receiver will never know that either switcher is used.

The 400X has indicator lights on the front panel. Once you learn how to read the lights, it's operation is intuitive.

My Sony TA-E2000EST preamp only has 2 tape loops, so I use a 400X on both tape loops.

MLStrand56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.