• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hugh out of action for a bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are wondering why Hugh has been a bit quiet of late, fact is he had to go to Hospital for some surgery the other day but by all reports it went very well. It was all a bit sudden though so he regrets that he couldn't give a head's up in advance; hence this post from me at Sri's request.

He doesn't have a laptop so it might be a while till he's back home at the computer and in regular communication again, so please understand re any orders you may have in the pipeline or questions you were planning to ask. Also, it's not my place to pass on any details, I'll leave that for Hugh to do later but rest assured, he looked fine this morning.:D

Last edited:
Please pass on all good wishes for a speedy recovery, if you visit him again!
I'll do that from yourself and all on the forum though I won't go back for a couple of days - I see it more as family time at this early stage and besides he's still quite sore and doped up, not ideal for too many visitors.:)

Last edited:
If you are wondering why Hugh has been a bit quiet of late, fact is he had to go to Hospital for some surgery the other day but by all reports it went very well. It was all a bit sudden though so he regrets that he couldn't give a head's up in advance; hence this post from me at Sri's request.

He doesn't have a laptop so it might be a while till he's back home at the computer and in regular communication again, so please understand re any orders you may have in the pipeline or questions you were planning to ask. Also, it's not my place to pass on any details, I'll leave that for Hugh to do later but rest assured, he looked fine this morning.:D

Lyn,
Any update on Hugh?

Hi all,

A little bit to catch up on.

Last night, found out that things were not ideal as Hugh had developed an infection and a very high temp yesterday after seeming so good earlier. So panic stations overnight and some emergency surgical and drug intervention but looking much better this morning when I saw him. Temp is coming down and though still in intensive care and heavily sedated again, he was able to briefly open his eyes when I spoke. So, not out of the woods yet but through the most critical 24 hours and fighting hard!

I'll pass on all the personal 'get well's' from the forum when I can. It's amazing to me just how many people have turned up to see him or sent personal emails to the family, Hugh must have done something right with his life to touch all of them. :) There is often up to 10 people in the outer IC waiting area hoping to see him as only 1 or 2 can visit his bedside at a time and we've collectively been told off a couple of times by staff for making too much noise as 'Hugh stories' are remembered and recounted with enthusiasm. :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.