KEF 1Q3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure what you mean my 1Q3. Q1 from the series from about 2000 to 2006. The iQ30 circa 2008-2012 xQ from 2007 to 2012 and current new Qxxx series.

Listening to a pair of Q1's right now. Poly cone coaxial "Uni-Q driver"
Now what do I think? Well for the $100 on e-bay they were a steal. But as a high fidelity speaker, nope. I do better. I have not heard any of the newer ones. I would love to hear a new LS50.

Hmm. iQ3 is not on Kef's web site. Looks like my early Q1, but can't tell sound by looks. The review suggests changes in the drivers, so who knows. Still a poly cone. Anyway, these by the price were not high end speakers.

note that the review is dated 2006, which in commercial mainstream consumer series audio gear is several lifetimes

just 'cause KEF, B&W, Mission, Linn, et al are capable of excellent upper/ mid or even "high" end products, doesn't ensure that the technology or engineering expertise will trickle down to the lower priced models - sometimes the resemblances are purely cosmetic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.