audiolab 8000A ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
hi just got my hands on a audiolab 8000A it has a B in the serial number and the pcb number 27400.73 anyone know what year & version this amp is its very clean inside and out . i am running a pair of b&w CDM1 NT's speakers and the source is a cambridge audio 840c upsampling 24 bit cd player just wondering if i should change the cd or speakers ? or leave as it is . also the power caps is it wise to replace them with 15000uf caps and change the bridge rectifier with 4 single high current fast recovery diodes. what other caps are a whorthwile upgrade i dont use the phono stage.

Last edited:
The 8000A was fundamentally a DC coupled amp so if it's working I would just be happy with it. They were built around the mid 80's.

Attachments

• 8000A.jpg
    8000A.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
8000a

hi i have a audiolab 8000a the mains transformer had blown the bridge rectifier had burned out and fuse blown . i have replaced the transformer and bridge rectifier and put a 100w light bulb in place of the fuse when i switch on the bulb glows then a few seconds later goes out . i have checked all four output 2x 2SC2922 & 2X 2SA1216 and driver transistors 2SA1668 & 2SC4382 out of circuit and all test ok any help please .:mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.