How to clean Mark Audio drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

It's been about a year with my Mark Audio drivers and to be quite frank, they're getting a bit dusty. I'd like to clean them but I know that the cones are extremely fragile. Can someone provide some insight on how to properly and safely clean the cones?

Thanks,
Steven

I have used a very soft makeup brush (when the wife was not looking;)) and worked great.
PeterC.

That's really funny! Thanks for the input fellas. Also, I feel I must mention that I just bought a pair of the Alpair 12P drivers. Do they require cleaning as well? It seems like the more porous cone material would be just about impossible to clean. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steven

That's really funny! Thanks for the input fellas. Also, I feel I must mention that I just bought a pair of the Alpair 12P drivers. Do they require cleaning as well? It seems like the more porous cone material would be just about impossible to clean. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steven

not having seen them yet, it's a WAG, but generally speaking the other paper coned MA drivers I've seen and abused are more "rugged"" than the metals

I get over the issue of dust by using fabric grilles, and the only cones that ever get an appreciably visible amount of dust are the top mounted paper coned EL70s on the Castle MTs - a light glancing stroke with an ostrich feather duster does a nice job there

elsewhere as well, now that I think about it, but let's not get distracted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.