JL Audio e6450 *1st time repair*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys- Long time reader first time writer-

I'll keep it short and sweet. I bought an amplifier on CL and it was in protect mode when I brought it home. No shocker there :(

I got it out of protect mode by doing a little research here and locating a shorted output transistor, but I'm having trouble picking a suitable replacement.

It's an IRF540 and it reads like this:

IRF540
I*R 347k
EF 46

Any advice or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys- Long time reader first time writer-

I'll keep it short and sweet. I bought an amplifier on CL and it was in protect mode when I brought it home. No shocker there :(

I got it out of protect mode by doing a little research here and locating a shorted output transistor, but I'm having trouble picking a suitable replacement.

It's an IRF540 and it reads like this:

IRF540
I*R 347k
EF 46

Any advice or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

IRF540 is the part number, this is your commercial identification. Use this to buy replacement.

If you are specific to brand name, read the next lines.

I*R 347K is the brand name (I*R= international rectifier company) other numbers maybe the company unique identifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.