Amp techs - need assistance with Orion 1200d amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I'm hitting a wall on my own here. A family member recently borrowed my car to assist in moving. They threw some books in the trunk and completely cut off any ventilation to my amps while blasting music. Now my sub amp, an Orion 1200d has lost output. It turns on though. Upon inspection I see that 3 transistors have lots of black residue beneath them on the circuit board and 2 resistors are burned. Eye inspection shows all circuit traces to be in good condition.
If anyone has a schematic for this map, pls let me know. If not, I have a few questions. Can an experienced tech repair what i'm dealing with without a schematic ?

i found a local audio related repair shop nearby and the tech said he'd need the schematic depending on the problem. He gave me a rough 16% success rate that he can repair the amp without a schematic, 50$ just to look at it. Are there any questions I can ask which would clear doubt on whether he is the right guy to work on my amp ?

I don't have a schematic diagram for this amp but unless it has a strange problem, a schematic diagram won't be needed.

What are your questions.
I am having a similar issue except im having something strange happen, as soon as the amp powers on it pushes the cone of the sub out and the stays pushed out till the amp is shut off, which i cut it off immediately as not to burn the VC and the amp doesnt go into protect mode. Not sure if the thread starter here experienced this but forgot to mention it.

So I took apart my Amp And found a Resistor missing on the board, when undoing the clamps for the mosfets, I found the transistor between the clamps, only other problems i have seen was the non polarized caps 200v 10uf 85c were bubbled out at the tops slightly, I resoldered the resistor back in and im gonna see what happens, unfortunately i havent been able to afford an ac power supply for amp testing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.