• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toshiba Audio Transistors Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I'll be designing and building a new series of high quality PA amplifiers soon, and I need to order some transistors for prototyping. To break the minimum order limit and to get resonable prices, I'd like to ask anyone interested to join a group buy.

I decided to use:

2SA1837 / S2SC4793 for driver stage
2SA1943-O / 2SC5200-O for output stage

Find the datasheets here:

http://www.prosounds.de/2SA1837.pdf
http://www.prosounds.de/2SC4793.pdf
http://www.prosounds.de/2SA1943.pdf
http://www.prosounds.de/2SC5200.pdf

And here's the Toshiba Power Transistors Product Guide:

http://www.prosounds.de/toshguide.pdf

Scroll down to page 8.

The 2SA1943 and 2SC5200 are listed as direct replacement of the old 2SA1302 and 2SC3281 btw, which were highly regarded and widely used in high end amplifiers. They are now out of production and fakes are being distributed all over the world. But who cares if you can get the improved version? ;)

Short data of output devices: TOP-3P(L) case, 150W, 230V, 15A, 30MHz, hfe=80..160.
Short data of driver stage devices: 20W, 230V, 1A, 70MHz, hfe=100..320, isolated TO-220 case, easy mounting on heatsink.

I'll be ordering directly from a Toshiba distributor, so we will get genuine, ranked devices. Searching my usual suppliers, I found no price below 3.20 € for the output devices and no price below 1.00 € for the drivers. If enough people join in, we'll get the following conditions:

2SA1837: 0.47 € / piece incl. VAT
2SC4793: 0.47 € / piece incl. VAT
2SA1943-O: 1.96 € / piece incl. VAT
2SC5200-O: 2.17 € / piece incl. VAT

excl. package, shipping, duties, etc.

Please also consider moving away from your current favourite BJT power transistors as these are top end parts for a very good price.

If you are interested, post how many you'd want to buy and we will see if it's sufficient to break the minimum order limit.

Please understand that I limit my order to these four devices.

Regards, AMT-freak

Hi Audiofanatic, hi Christer,

thank you for your interest. Best wishes for your health. A beautiful recording played back on a good system might help ;)

There is no fixed deadline, although I'd like to buy asap (meaning as soon as enough people join in). I asked the distributor to make an offer and these are the prices they quoted. The offer was valid 14 days (they are over), but I don't expect prices to vary that much.

Lead times are high anyway and I have to check their stock right before I order.

Minimum order is 250 Euros net. Minimum quantities are 25 pieces each for the big ones and 50 pieces each for the drivers.

Email button should be enabled now. Hell, why does it disable itself all the time! :mad:

Paypal in fact is the only payment method I accept (after having lost lots of money in former group buys due to ridiculously high bank fees).

Shipping to the Netherlands won't be expensive if the package is light, a couple Euros.

How many can you use?

Actually, I had thought about just sending it unregistered and
take the risk, but now, if you say that money actually has
disappeared I'd better reconsider. I've never used Paypal,
but I suppose they charge a fee too. I couldn't find any info
about that on their site, but they must make money somewhere.

Hi AMT-freak

I have some unused Toshibas lying around that I do not use, you can buy those if interested

Type:

Output 28 sets
2SA1095, 2SC2565

Drivers 33 sets
2SA968, 2SC2238B

predriver 25-50 sets
2SA1145, 2SC2705

Small signals, 25-50 sets
2SA970, 2SC2240

small signals, 25-50 sets
2SA1038, 2389

and some ROHM
B737, good for low noise MC-amps

Paypal: They give you some kind of online account and charge around 5% on incoming money. Withdrawing money from your online account to a bank account is 1 Euro per transfer. If you send someone money via paypal, you don't have to pay fees if you use a credit card. Otherwise, you will have to transfer money from your bank account to your paypal account - I don't know the fees, never done it.

It seems expensive, but it's still way cheaper than international bank transfers. Some time ago someone sent me 10 Euros for some DAC chips. He later told me via email that his bank charged him another 15 Euros for this transfer. Two days later I had a letter in my letter box telling me that I received an international bank transfer of 10 Euros and that handling fees of 12 Euros had to be paid. All in all, my fellow DIYer and I paid 27 Euros for exactly nothing.

So if you have a credit card, paypal is probably the cheapest way and also the most secure. Of course, check your local rates for international registered mail to see if it's an alternative.

At the moment, I'm waiting for parts ordered for the Reichelt/Schuro group buy I offered in another thread. I haven't yet received a single envelope with cash although everyone claims to have made their payment at least 10 days ago. The German postal service is really :smash: :bawling: :mad:

Bulk

kims said:
Hi AMT-freak

I have some unused Toshibas lying around that I do not use, you can buy those if interested

Type:

Output 28 sets
2SA1095, 2SC2565

Drivers 33 sets
2SA968, 2SC2238B

predriver 25-50 sets
2SA1145, 2SC2705

Small signals, 25-50 sets
2SA970, 2SC2240

small signals, 25-50 sets
2SA1038, 2389

and some ROHM
B737, good for low noise MC-amps

Hi Kims,

What do you ask for your set individually and complete?

Thanks.

Audiofanatic ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.