adding opamp filter stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have this schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

But I would like to add one more parametric filter for the mids, so changed it to:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Did I get it right? Just simply cloning by analogy.
The part of the schematic above the PQ filter (U2.x)
- these opamps are, stage buffers, followers?
Is it ok I just clone it that way?
Best Regards

I have no experience with this, but your circuit will have 2 band filters working on the same bandwidth. I don't know if this is common or not, but the operational problem I see is to control the real interaction, e.g. to know/predict the total boost/cut when both filters working on very close frequencies. At least, the more filter you added, I expect a sharper Q (i.e. to have a higher fixed maximum Q by increasing resistors in series with the pot for adjusting Q).

I only comment by logic. Not really know the common practice.

the frequency range of the two parametric sections I will adjust later on.
f.ex. they might overlap for one octave, now the range is 4 or more.
---
Saving one opamp is cause there are 3 more outside this schematic and then I would have 12 in 6 dil's.
One for the input, one for simple low/high filter, and one for the output. Input is preamp, output is maybe impendance issue, not sure there are too many already..
---
Thx for the Rane corporation LInk !!
---
still confused about the circuit's design, cannot recognize the topologies and 'what does what' completely.
If someone can point me what the parametric section is (topology to read about).
---
Also, the upper part, where the parametric sections are connected - some followers or whatever.. is that part of the filter or smth else

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.