Removing the RCA sockets Capacitors, yes or no?

Removing the RCA sockets Capacitors, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

I found a site (Lampizator website), were it's recommended to remove the RCA sockets Capacitors, and the reasons given for that are quite reasonable IMO. The page with the explanations is:
So, because the Bridge Rectifier on my Quad 99 Stereo Power Amp blow it up, a KBU8D rectifier by the way, besides its replacement, I was wondering if the blue Caps C153 and C154, in the picture bellow, may or may not be removed and for what benefit.

7143376307_6caf8018d8_b.jpg

The User Manual of the equipment stresses that the use of the Quad's Link cable AMPBUS increases sound quality. I question if it's only pure Marketing, or if bypassing the RCA connectors with the AMPBUS, and so, avoiding the respective capacitors mentioned before, results a more trebled and natural sound.

To conclude, is really odd that brands like Quad make dis kind of circuits with this supposed Caps mistake. It is perhaps for compliance reasons than Hi-Fi ones?

Best Regards,
Rui Monteiro :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.