A good 5X7 or 6X8 speaker for car

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A question for all of you car audio experts.... I was thinking about replacing the stock speakers with a reasonably priced set of 5X7 or 6X8 speakers. The car is a 2003 Mazda MPV. The car is getting old but I would like to keep it a couple more years. My wife took out the passenger mirror on a sign. I'll have the door panel off while replacing the mirror and thought I might as well replace the speakers too. I have looked at best buy and they have a set of Kenwoods and a local car shop carries rockford Fosgate. What would you recommend? While I'm at it, I'll probably replace the back 6X9's. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

The sound quality varies greatly with speakers. It's almost always best to listen to them with the type of music you like. Bring a CD or USB drive with you when you go to the stores so that you can listen to any that you are interested in. When you listen to them, tell the salesman to set all bass/treble/equalization/processing to off or flat so you can compare apples to apples if you go to multiple stores.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.