Seeking an amplifier education

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, sorry to barge in with such a limited amount to offer, and so much to receive. Yesterday a fuse blew in my old pioneer amp, and in the 10 minutes it took me to diagnose the problem and get a replacement, it got me thinking: i have no idea what the hell is going on in there. At the same time, i'd love to be able to repair, modify, upgrade and even build an amplifier like this. I have a basic understanding of electronics, enough to build LED circuits and make basic repairs to speakers, and i understand all the basic components found in an amplifier to a physics A-level standard (UK). I've looked on the internet for information and their is a holy abundance of the stuff, mostly DIY schematics and discussions which assume maybe a slightly more advanced knowledge of electrical engineering. What i'd really appreciate is a sort of "solid state amplifiers for beginners". Does anyone know where i can find, for instance, a glossary of parts and their functions in an amplifier. What has been the most important input in your understanding and proficiency in this field? Thanks for any help on this, and maybe in a few months i'll be ready to start posting the results xxx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.