80-90W power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,

Sorry but I have got a question.

Is there any single power op-amp capable of delivering more than 80-90 watts other than LM3886 which is able to deliver just 67W?

The other question is how can i improve the Slew rate of the LM3886 at say 25Vp and the frequency of say 50Khz please?

Thanks

Bridge or Bridged/Parallel?

I think "single" excludes bridge and parallel!

I don't think that there are any currently manufactured chipamps that can deliver 90W without seriously pushing the limits of the device (heat dissipation, max rail voltage, etc.). There are some old SANYO STK chip amps that are capable of over 100W (e.g. 150W) but these are difficult to find and only a few models have relatively low distortion (many are spec's up to 0.4% - I would avoid these).

That's about it.

You can get amplifier modules that easily beat that spec, but they are not chipamps. For instance class D amps can offer up to 600W @ 8 ohms (or more!).

-Charlie

As per datasheet tda7294 deliver 100w

As usual, you need to know the details before quoting one of the ludicrous specs like this. As the above post mentions, this is at an extremely unacceptably level of distortion. If you actually read the datasheet past the first page, you can see it quotes 60-70W into 8/6/4 ohms below 0.1% distortion.

-Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.