Infrared plastic window for remote control receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I am having trouble locating an Infrared transparent filter window for a remote control volume circuit in an amp I am building.

They are made of the same material as the black plastic window on the tip of remote controls. All I need is a small sheet of this material to cover a circular hole in the front panel of my amp which houses two infrared receiver diodes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the replies guys,

The trick with the unexposed developed film might be my only option, if I don't find a donor device or a good source of infrared transparent plastic.
I guess I could stick it to a small donut of acrylic plastic and stick the whole thing in the hole in my front panel.

I will bring a small remote control and my camera phone to the houseware store and using them will try to find some dark plastic material that is IR transparent. Cameras can see infrared. Try it. Maybe some plastic paper trays or boxes or something. Another possibility might be a donor USB receiver dongle for presentations(Powerpoint).

If anyone has a proper source, then please let me know. I will post my final solution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.