Andersonix Timmerstuga (log cabin) chassis concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Happy April Fool's Day!

Didn't you always want to know what a log cabin chassis would look like? So for the occasion I made a virtual one to fit the F5 parts I'm collecting. There are many details missing, but I hope this CAD model gets the idea across, and I will attach more pics as it develops from concept into a more practical design.

I'd like to let the design gestate here and also work in some feedback from everybody about its worst shortcomings -- as I can see many. I'll start:
a) horrible resonances
b) poor service access
c) some assembly required

But think how cheaply the four main parts (fin, spacer, rib, threaded rod) could be mass produced and then sent to the diyer to assemble at home!

(As shown it is 17 inches wide, fins are 5.63 inches tall x 0.081 inch thick, spacers are 0.5 x 0.5 inch, ribs are 0.5 inch wide x 0.125, and it has 40 fins, 40 spacers, 40 ribs for the top alone, 8 threaded rods...)

Attachments

• timmerstuga under1.jpg
    timmerstuga under1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 81
  • timmerstuga plan.jpg
    timmerstuga plan.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 75
  • timmerstuga detail.jpg
    timmerstuga detail.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 76
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.