Assistancw with Alpine Car CD Mechanism Wanted Please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I'm really stuck with the cd mechanism in my friend's Alpine AL2199 car radio cd/changer - it's unreliable loading cds in and out despite three attempts at rebuilding/relubricating it!

Can anyone:-

1) identify whose mechanism it is from the photo's I've included please?

2) Point me in the direction of an exploded view of the mechamism?

3) Suggest what I can try to make the mechanism smoother in operation and suggest something to replace the creamy-yellow stuff the maker originally lubricated it with please?

3) Give me any suggestions as to how reliable the lasers are, after much searching I found it was the Sanyo SF92.5 4pin/11pin Optical pickup with two long flexi-cables, one 4 pin and one 11pin - I also managed to find a schematic (in Russian!!!) of the pickup itself!

4) Point me in the direction of Alpine AL2910 & AL2199 service manuals please - I can find any number of enquiries from people wanting to decode the pesky things, which is of no use to me whatsoever - I have the codes!

Many thanks,

Chris Williams

Attachments

• Camera Piccys 2!!! 001.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 001.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 002.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 002.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 003.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 003.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 004.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 004.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 005.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 005.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 006.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 006.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Camera Piccys 2!!! 007.jpg
    Camera Piccys 2!!! 007.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 25
i cann't decode it, but clean all the grit off and the lube should be white lithium. completely clean the rubber rollers with rubbing alchohol, so that they grip the cd, and check that spring pressure operates the rollers to touch, and the slave roller, and drive roller are not dragging. just about all the problems i've seen invlving poor intake/eject movement have been due to this, unless there is obvious physical damage done.

this cd mechanism looks like the one i had in cda-7949 i repaired and sold.i think the laser was the same model as well and i got it over ebay for 19 bucks brand new.Mine was very peaky and wouldn't play burned cd or will take 2 min to read one.Once i changed the pick up any cd was playing in 2 sec .If u plan on keeping this unit buy a spare i think this parts are discontinued

Hi!

I'm really stuck with the cd mechanism in my friend's Alpine AL2199 car radio cd/changer - it's unreliable loading cds in and out despite three attempts at rebuilding/relubricating it!

Can anyone:-

1) identify whose mechanism it is from the photo's I've included please?

2) Point me in the direction of an exploded view of the mechamism?

3) Suggest what I can try to make the mechanism smoother in operation and suggest something to replace the creamy-yellow stuff the maker originally lubricated it with please?

3) Give me any suggestions as to how reliable the lasers are, after much searching I found it was the Sanyo SF92.5 4pin/11pin Optical pickup with two long flexi-cables, one 4 pin and one 11pin - I also managed to find a schematic (in Russian!!!) of the pickup itself!

4) Point me in the direction of Alpine AL2910 & AL2199 service manuals please - I can find any number of enquiries from people wanting to decode the pesky things, which is of no use to me whatsoever - I have the codes!

Many thanks,

Chris Williams

Hey Chris
I doubt you'll find manuals for these HU. Alpine/Mercedes OEM do not produce manuals for their stuff. Only parts lists with part numbers and mechanical exploded views.No schematics/PCB layouts.I've been repairing OE products for Mercedes for almost 30 years and I went to various Alpine production facilities for hands on training. However Alpine/Volvo OEM do have service manuals that are simply fantastic.

The Sanyo pick up is a pretty good one as they last for years.

Your loading/eject problem is probably due to incorrect reassembly after
the clean up. Check for correct alignment of the switches under the small
PCB at the front. Also check for broken teeth on the plastic slides on the
left side of the mech. Lastly check that all tension springs have been replaced in their respective positions.

Good luck:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.