University M12-T 3-way drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just picked up a set of University M12-T 3-way drivers and have to decide on a cabinet design. Has anyone worked with vintage 3-way speakers, and if so, what cabinet did you use? I am currently reading through the Karlson thread, but thought I would ask specifically what people were using with such driver designs as this.

GM

Joined 2003
No one here has ever built using vintage coax or triax speakers?

quite a few, just not this one. ;) Short of taking measurements though, back then, drivers tended to have a sameness from brand to brand, so I'd be surprised if Jensen, EV or similar specs might not be close enough, then tune it by ear with damping, vent adjustment, i.e. ~ 5-6 ft^3 tuned to 40-45 Hz.

GM

Thanks for the info. They came in the mail yesterday and I hooked them up sans cabinet (yet to be built). They really sounded pretty darn good.

I think I am going to put them into 12" Karlson cabinets and see how that goes. Worst case is that they sound bad and I use the cabs for sub-woofers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.