A quick question for the bass head guru's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This being my first post I believe in this forum, I will try to be brief in story and short in my questions. I acquired a bass amp today that was being used to drive a pair of JBL d130a's in a single cab. Very early sixtyish' style, what I first thought was a homebrew with stencils, might be a little more than that. This is called a Heilman Falcon Super 4, has what I think is an Acrosound OPT and has a pair of EL34's in it with some IBM 12a??a..'s.. Being a pair of EL34's am I to assume that this a 50watt bass head?? It's going to be recapped here in a little bit and my son is chomping on the bit to have this done. We spun the drivers 180 degrees already and hooked up the JBL's to a small 15w practice amp and the speakers sound beautiful. Now I just have to remind the kid for now to be careful so he doesn't overdrive his lil practice amp and start clipping!! And you know what, I purchased this soley for the JBL drivers to restore a set of kit JBL C40 Harkness speakers cabinets I was given several years ago and "Tom" toss'd in the amp head because the vinyl matched and he did inherit it and knew I could slap in some Altec or something else later. Tom, if you ever read this, once again "Thankyou, and my son thanks you!!!"

Attachments

• 144-4412_IMG.JPG
    144-4412_IMG.JPG
    841.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 144-4406_IMG.JPG
    144-4406_IMG.JPG
    646.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 144-4409_IMG.JPG
    144-4409_IMG.JPG
    824.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 144-4403_IMG.JPG
    144-4403_IMG.JPG
    733.5 KB · Views: 57
wow!!...possibly 55w tku sir for the info!

I don't play myself, my interests lies on the other end of things. I listen, critically at times to various genre types. So I'm just learning the basics for my own audio desires (baby steps practicing soldering skills soon with a stereo console pull amp) and will get around to this lil beastie!... Ian, my son Ian thanks you for the info.
regards
Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.