SANYO SF-P mechanism in NAD 52x cd-players

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maybe, if i'm not wrong is the same mechanism that has the denon dn-d4000 and dn-d4500, they are double cd player dj style, very fast mechanisms, kinda reliable, but still if you post a picture of the mechanism or much better a video on youtube i can tell you more accurate about it

I know only this NAD models from that series:

1) NAD 5220 (and 5225, but include RC) - Sony KSS-152A inside
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/62637-nad-5220-ok-too-old.html
2) NAD5320 (and 5325, but include RC) - Olympus TAOHS inside
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/156478-yamaha-cdx-1110-worth-modding.html (post #9)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/59719-taohs-who-manufacturer.html

The most models are the "502", "512" and "514". There are Sony Laser heads from the KSS-series inside (KSS-210A, KSS-213C).

Which model is yours? Perhaps the 522? from the attached picture?
Then the datasheets about
http://www.commonways.com/?cid=78287&product=Front_loading
and
http://www.tradeeasy.com/supplier/425678/products/p1141341/cd-mechanism.html
can help.

Attachments

• nad522cdp004.jpg
    nad522cdp004.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I have two NAD CD-players with SANYO mechanism and the same problem. After the CD load the mechanism stays in lowered position. I have no idea how the mechanism works and what is broken. Help!
Mean you the 52x series or the C52xBEE series?
If that Sanyo mechanism from the picture is inside, datasheets must actually be help.

Last edited:
The 52x, not BEE series. I have the service manual, but the picture does not explain how the loading mechanism works. Could you make it out?
f.
What do you read on the sticker from your loader?
Which optical pick-up is in use (maybe SF90, SF91, SF-P1 or SF-P100) ?
Which ICs are in use on the main board (servo processor, RF-amp, PCM decoder) ?
After we know this, next step is to find out the appropriate cd player model resp. hifi system, e. g. from Sanyo, CEC or Sharp, which use the same parts - at least the same loader model.
In the associated service manual to one of this models you probably will find the detailled description concerning the theory of operation.

Descriptions and manuals of cd players "Made in U.K." are known, that they are not particularly detailed.

Last edited:
One of them comes back to the live. The second has the mechanism blocked in the lower position.
Regards,
f.

if one of them is working take a look at how it works, some tray mechanisms had to be aligned, (sony kss213 is one of them) look at the position of the gears of the working one with the tray open and check is the other is on the same tooth of the gear, usually they had some markings on the top that you could use as a reference, hope it works, still, that mechanism seems familiar to me, i guess i've seen it in some chinese dvcd player and some mp3 boombox

First player (522, now working) had noisy mechanism. There was ability to play the disc moving mechanism board up manually. After replacing the belt - it works fine, fluent and relatively quiet. Second unit (524) has similar mechanism (but may be not exactly the same). After turn on the power switch, the drawer slides in and out continuously. The mechanism isn't too noisy but the quiet, high-frequency tone is audible. The tray movements aren't fluent. The mechanism board is blocked in the lower position, and I can't move it up manually.
f.

that mechanism is misaligned, check if on the service manual there's not the alginment of the tray, maybe close to the exploded view, after remembering a little, denon dcd 1500 had a similar mechanism, maybe the service manual of denon has some sort of help for you, still, dissasemble the mechanism, remove tray, and check for damage on the threads and guida plastics on the tray, algo move manually the mechanism to the point when the mechanism raise, and the you can see if the player reads or is just dead

(...) after remembering a little, denon dcd 1500 had a similar mechanism, (...) move manually the mechanism to the point when the mechanism raise, and the you can see if the player reads or is just dead
Unfortunately, the DCD1500 has completely different mechanism (both, the optical pick-up and the drawer). The disconnection of the drive is hampered because the wires between the drive and the main board are soldered to the main board. I viewed the drive carefully on both sides, but I still don't know how it works. The picture attached shows similar mechanism (but not exactly the same) from the other NAD service manual. I tried to insert the disc manually, but without success. There is possibility to move the mechanism board (spindle motor, optical pick-up etc.) up manually, but it remains in this position when the drawer slides out.
f.

Attachments

• nad_c521mecha.png
    nad_c521mecha.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 181
silly me, it wasn't the dcd1500 was the dnd-d4000, here's the service manual Denon DND4000 Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics i've checked and is the same drawer, you may try to remove the tray and move the part 07 (as in the exploded view of your post) to move the mechanism to the "tray in" position, all this you can do it with the cd player without electricity and put a cd on the mechanism while you're moving the mechanism up, then wen you turn it on it should start reading

Thank You for the service manual.
(...) all this you can do it with the cd player without electricity and put a cd on the mechanism while you're moving the mechanism up, then wen you turn it on it should start reading
The main problem is the mechanics. I can replace the laser or even the board with spindle motor and optical pick-up, but not the drawer with the lift mechanism. The mechanism set manually in upper position remains fixed when the tray moves out. The tray can guillotine the optical pick-up.
f.

whoa, that's heavy, not so much, some options:

1) mechanism is miscalibrated, if in some point the mechanism goes to the low position this is your problem, you only need patience, dissamble the mechanism, study it, understand how it works and reassemble correctly

2)mechanism is bad ensambled, it does not move at all, it's jammed or kinda loose, and stucks in some point, same solution than above

3)mechanism is broken, is completely loose or jammed, only solution is to get some donor parts or leaving it as a donor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.