DIC Integrated amplifier - seventies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
--- I have posted this in this forum, which used to be called the electronics forum, as far as I recall, because I think hands-on people (older) might remember this more than the regular audio crowd---

Hello there,

I wish I had discovered this website ten years ago, when I still had the device I am about to describe. I once got a hold of a little integrated amplifier roughly the size of those old Realistic integrated amps sold by Radio Shack in the eighties. On the front panel it said DIC, and maybe a the model number which I can't recall. I no longer have any parts becuase I had to do a clean-up, besides, it wasn't functional when I got it (at an auction in Longueil, twenty years ago).

anyway, does this name ring a bell to anyone? I briefly searched the web, couldn't find anything of relevance, but I might have searched too quickly.

What I do remember is that it had a PC board with all the preamp/amplifier sections on it (it was stereo) and all the controls were front panel-mounted and routed to the PCB with neat coaxial cable (probably the regular spiral- wrap stuff used elsewhere). It also had a transformer-coupled power amplifier section from the preamp, which now I consider an "old-style" approach. It was using a quasi-complementary output stage with two 2SD1104 (I think?) transistors per channel.

It was all housed in a nice wood grain cabinet, and looked very nice. I think I still have a knob somewhere, they were aluminum covered and very slim (1/2" diameter x 3/4" long).

Any help would be appreciated, even though it's only for my curiosity!

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.