Conversion of Gauge in mm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The only thing that has stopped the US from totally switching over to metric is several governmental type people from the south thinking its 1901. Anywhere that logical measurements are needed, such as science labs, use metric already and have done so for quite some time. Anyways, there are two more very respectable countries using the imperial system, Liberia and Burma. So there you have it.

-Chris

I just remembered I have the "standard" equation written down for finding the diameter D (in inches) of an AWG gauge wire of gauge N. AWG is by far the most common gauge. Here it goes.
D=.005(92^(1/39))^(36-N). Yes, some brilliant soul decided to use the 39th root of 92.

-Chris

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
If it's too big to post as an attachment go ahead and send it.

I've attached a units converter that I've used for the past 10 years as a zip file. It is a dos file but it is the fastest most comprehesive converter I've ever seen. Send yours and we'll compare. I'll send you an email so you'll you can return the attachment.

Attachments

• units.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 44
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.