Old School AudioMobile SA 2000 Amp

Speaker
I think the Literature I inquired about is even harder to come by than the amps themselves! Still looking! Someone has to have the literature laying around
somewhere....I hope!

I have virtually all the lit from audiomobile and maybe even schematics. I used to work with 2 people that were with the original company founded by Paul Stary. I copied everything they had. Unfortunately it is not something I can get to easily and I've lost track of it over the last couple moves. I know I have it, the question is where?

Service Manuals

Any one can help me acquire the schematics to keep my amps working, I would appreciate it...

Attachments

• 101_8321.jpg
    101_8321.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 101B8020.jpg
    101B8020.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 101B8050.jpg
    101B8050.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 101B8110.jpg
    101B8110.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 101B8220.jpg
    101B8220.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 101B8280.jpg
    101B8280.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey All,

First off, I was VERY happy to find this serious resource for all things mobile audio!

Now on to the design. I have a vehicle with a serious AUDIOMOBILE system that was installed new over 25 years ago at a place called ULTRASMITH in New York City. Some of you MAY remember these guys. Not the cleanest nor the best install, but it's worked (mostly for 25yrs+)

The system includes:

1 Nakamichi TD-7 Head Unit STOLEN Replaced with a SONY XR-C210 Cassette Head

1 SONY CDX-5 single CD mobile player (being replaced with a changer in the back and a scanner in the existing cutout)

2 Audiomobile SA-1000 amplifiers (1 may be dead)

2 Audiomobile SA-400 amplifiers (1 is not working properly)

2 Audiomobile CXE-2 crossovers

1 Audiomobile controller/fader/input box no label.

1 Audiomobile remote 3 channel equalizer and volume control built in to the dash

2 Norwegian 4" mid-ranges in the doors

2 Norwegian 1" dome tweeters in the doors

2 6x9 Unknown speakers in the rear panels.

2 6x9 Uknown speakers in the custom forward firing enclosures.

2 Nakamichi 8" subs in a custom enclosure

At least 1 Audiomobile preamp under dash.

A huge mess of din wiring and lamp cord "repairs"

I have no manuals for ANYTHING so wiring is by "feel"

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

I have virtually all the lit from audiomobile and maybe even schematics. I used to work with 2 people that were with the original company founded by Paul Stary. I copied everything they had. Unfortunately it is not something I can get to easily and I've lost track of it over the last couple moves. I know I have it, the question is where?
Would you have anything about a 240 amp rack

Does anyone have a PDF scanned manual for the AudioMobile SA 2000 they can email to me?
Thanks
Duggr

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/URL]
Hi My Name is Jamie, i would really appreciate any service manuals and installation manuals on all audiomobile components. I have been collection this high school (1982) equipment for years and I'm finally ready to install, in my 57' Chevy, 29' Model A truck, and jeep. My email is the1pacesetter@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jamie