Lepai TA2020 Clicking Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this has been answered before, I did a search but couldn't find an answer.

My new Lepai TA2020+ just arrived...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Pretty good deal I thought at £12.99 delivered with PSU.

Paired up with a set of £15 Acoustic Solutions book shelf speakers, a good value system for £28 I thought.

And indeed the sound is pretty amazing for the money, but as soon as I switched it on there was an annoying continuous rapid clicking sound coming from it, especially the right channel. It seems to attenuate with loud volume music, but maybe the music is drowning it out?

Any ideas? Is this a common fault that I can fix by resoldering or changing a relay or capacitor or something?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Get a good quality RCA cable, the one provided seems crappy, I have one like that and changing the RCA solved the problem.

But first try the amp without any input cable plugged, it shouldn't make any noise (or just a little high freq noise), if it shows the same sound probably is something wrong with the amplifier…

Weird. You and I could almost be the same person. Both in the UK, both bought lepais from eBay and paired with acoustic solutions speakers and both have seemingly the same feint, low-frequency click/buzz from the right channel :s

I am suspecting the PSU that came with the unit just now, possibly too high ripple voltage as the supply is causing a mains hum in another small, cheap amp bought at the same time. I'll post back if I work anything out :)

OK, I can confirm that the problem you're experiencing papayoyo is the power supply included with the amp you bought :)

I bought the same amp from the same ebay seller, and have just tried the amp with an alternate power supply and, guess what, no clicking :D

So nothing wrong with your unit I'd wager.

Sugden AU41C MM and AU41P Pre Power

Hi all

Not sure if this is right thread. Recently I encountered problem with my
Sugden AU41C MM and AU41P pre power amp.

I was trying to biwire my Quad 11L speaker. On start up, there is a ticking sound coming from the power amp with no output coming out from the right speaker. Already swapped it L/R..no problem with speaker I guess because there was sound coming out if using L channel connection.. Ticking sounds continue thereafter...

sounds like ..tick..tick..<pause>..tick..tick..<pause>

What could be the problem? Thanks...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.