Baffle Veneer

What flavor copper should I use?

• Enchantment

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Azul

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm planning on making some Aikos (Spawn family) but I'm super tossed on what veneer I want to use for the super baffle.

The sides will be piano black, the back and front on either side of the super baffle will be zebra wood

I want to have a really nice looking baffle so copper veneer comes to mind, but I can't decide what color I want.

Either the Azul kind or the Enchantment kind

Azul us the blue one and the other one with streaks is enchantment

What do you guys think

http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Enchantment-Copper-Veneer-24-x-18.html
http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Azul-Copper-Veneer-24-x-18.html

Attachments

• Enchantment-counter1.jpg
    Enchantment-counter1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 217
  • copper-bar-top-azul.jpg
    copper-bar-top-azul.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 211
  • azul-copper-armoire.jpg
    azul-copper-armoire.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 207
  • copper-counter-ent1.jpg
    copper-counter-ent1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Aiko-1v1-plan-231208.pdf
    153 KB · Views: 35
The enchantment for sure!!!! Having said that bamboo has a similar look and is most likely cheaper.

Neopolitan bamboo veneer or laminated flooring/ plywood similar to the Enchantment, maybe - the Azul, not so much.

kftess5 - what shape/edge profile details did you have in mind for the supra-baffle?
FWIW, I've done a few of these myself, and would suggest an elliptical shape with a "finger-nail" profile routed edge - either in solid hardwood or plywood, and paint.

Keep in mind that the copper is a thin metal sheet, and unless you're quite experienced working with this type of material cutting, pattern matching and edge banding could be tricky, to say the least .

that said, the Azul is stunning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.