Custom in car communications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everbody!

So heres the problem. I just started rally racing and now I need in-car communication for my co-driver and I. He needs to talk and I need to listen. The problem is Peltor systems cost waay to much. Peltor]Peltor]Peltor Rally Equipment at Sube Sports - The Racing Equipment Source

So my idea is to just make one. But I am handicapped when it comes to DIY communications. This is where I ask for the genius minds here. Here's a lay out of what I need.

Co-Drivers Helmet needs a mic (anytype will work its open faced)-->amp-->My fully enclosed helmet (thinking skull candies to work). Now if we can we want to record the audio with the GO Pro while we film our races.

Any ideas will help no matter how complex or simple. Appreciate it guys!

Way out of my area, but perhaps instead of looking at gear specifically aimed at rally driving, look at similar products aimed at couples riding motorcycles. I'd wager the prices would be a lot lower.

Sorta like "yacht wax" would probably cost a lot more than the same stuff labelled "fishing boat wax."

Of course I could be totally wrong, since I don't ride bikes either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.