Power Acoustik OV2-1200

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, I don't have a camera on hand yet (it's been SLOW), but I will have a friend bring one soon to take a picture of the waveform.

The channel produces clean audio in full pass mode, distorted audio in LP/HP mode. The customer just informed me that the amp got wet while connected to power but not powered on, which led me to believe it was dirty pots.

The distortion seems to only occur in the lower octaves (when bass plays).

Last edited:
I found 14.xV DC on a NJM072D but the inputs/output were not connected to any circuit.

In LP mode I could plainly see the distortion. I looked at the signal on the base of the outputs and traced it back until it was clean. I found a broken solder joint on the pre amp board.

I asked earlier about the power light turning off slowly. I have a same series 4 channel amp (they were a matched pair that got wet) and the power LED turns off much more quickly. Are these amps power LEDs more likely wired differently or more likely something is not discharging the rails on the 2 channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.