Arcam AV9 processor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Morning everyone,

I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me..

I've had my Arcam AV9 AV processor for a few years now and while it does perform very well I feel there's a fair amount of untapped potential in it. This has made me start to look at the possibility of modding the internals, in a bid to make it truly sing. Searching the net however there doesn't appear to be anyone (business or DIY enthusiast) who's made any steps to modify/upgrade one of these things?

It's currently used for analogue only, so that's the area I'd be looking at focusing on first. The HDMI switching is redundant, so I'd imagine it can be removed. There's scope to improve the internal cabling, power connectors etc, along with replacing/bypassing capacitors, which should net good improvements. I'm just not sure where to start? So I bow down to the greater knowledge of others and ask if anyone out there has any tips they could offer, or previous experience with anything like this?

It has no warranty and I have no intention of selling it on, so I'm fully prepared to add/remove parts as required.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.