Dreaming of a power JFET complimentary pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So the other day I was thinking just how awesome an F5 amplifier would be if Semisouth ever decided to make a complimentary pair to their power JFET. I have read elsewhere that this is unlikely to happen because of the market they are targeting with their product. However, what if we could show them a viable market, that they may have not thought of, so they would have a reason to consider building and designing a complimentary pair. So what other uses, can you guys come up with for a complimentary pair of power JFETs, aside from audio? I am sure there must be other uses out there. If we could make a persuasive argument + show financial data to back it up, there is a chance they may listen.

I know it's a long shot but I think that this is something that we should try. I think that power JFET technology, now that it has been refined a bit, is poised to revolutionize the audio industry.

One area I could think of are lineair power supplies with source/sink capability. However, most of not everything high-powered is implemented by switchmode supplies. What other industry fields are there where lineair power may benefit from such devices? Other than audio, not much I could think of..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.