Speaker Workshop simulation problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I decided to dive in and learn the simulation side of crossover design and in doing so, decided that for one of my first theoretical simulations, I would try for a 3-way system utilizing 4x[TangBand W6-1139SIF], 1x[B&C 6NDL44], and a 1x[Dayton RS28F-4].

I could be wrong, but I believe that the software may be improperly accounting for the difference in driver impedance. I believe it is calculating the crossovers correct for the difference in impedance, but I do not believe it is simulating output based on the differences in actual power that would be realized at each driver for a given amplification VOLTAGE.

In this simulation, the LF and HF driver configurations are each 4 ohm nominal, whereas, the mid driver is 8 ohm. From where I sit, the mid driver should be simulated at half power compared to the other drivers if they are all connected to the same source, however, the simulation does not appear to be doing that. It *appears* to be treating each driver as a "separate" and simulating equal power, which is not accurate given the single source generator. Is there any way to correct for this?

Have others noticed this phenomenon as well? Or am I just nuts and it is working correctly after-all?

Thank You,
Eric

Attachments

• Selection_017.png
    Selection_017.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 77
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.