Open Baffle suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I did some research a while back about open baffle speakers and forgot nearly everything. So I am hoping people in this forum and another can refresh my memory and offer some good advice.

I do not know what type of open baffle I will build. I know I will use Wild Burro Betsys implemented as a single driver. I am tempted to build the Basic Betsy Baffle or JE labs design. It has to be a cheap design (I'm broke). My vertical limit should be 36"--certainly no higher than 42". Width can be as wide as 60". Depth to wall is about 24". I do not want to employ any notch filters or equalization--the speakers don't have to be perfect. True bass isn't absolutely necessary, as that would make common wall neighbors unhappy.

So I am wondering what I have forgotten and what has been discovered since I did the research. Could anybody advise on my baffle design options? Rules (mounting methods, orientation/location of driver, etc.)? Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.