• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

NewBee PPEL84

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, EveryBody. I just find this forum at the good time for me. Indeed, I'm building my own PPEL84 Amp and I need some advice to continue. This Amp will be used to understand tube amplification and to improve my knowledge in this field.
Above, my schema build on spice.
I don't knnow how to simulate the output transfo so don't be careful to the 4 resistor at the right of EL84, it's in fact the place for the transformator.

If you have some advice or if you see some trouble ou my schema!! I'm interested in!

Hi there, you just found this site now?

I can't see you pictures.

Upload your pictures using the "Manage Attachments" button just below where you were writing. Make sure your pictures are not too big, it will make for a faster upload.

Grab a chair you will be here for a while.

Salut à tous, vous venez de trouver ce site maintenant?

Je ne peux pas vous voir des photos.

Téléchargez vos photos en utilisant le "Gérer les pièces jointes"(Manage Attachments) bouton juste en dessous, où vous avez écrit. Assurez-vous que vos photos ne sont pas trop gros, il fera un rapide téléchargement.

Prenez une chaise, vous serez ici pendant un moment.

Sorry, so the schema is below! Thank's !

Attachments

• juxPushPull.png
    juxPushPull.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 168
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Globug's advice to post pix directly here is excellent. If you do not see "Manage Attachments" you will see an option for "Go Advanced" click this and you will see "manage attachments."

Which version of spice are you using? Usually for a simple transformer model you calculate the inductance ratio between primary and secondary based on the square of the numerical ratio, select a reasonable primary inductance. Use the K directive K1 L1 L2 Lx 1 (coupling coefficient) to make a simple transformer where Lx is the last inductor to be combined into the transformer - should see the specifics under help. This will give you an ideal transformer which for most purposes is reasonable.

Welcome to the forum.. :D

How can I reduce the gain of the preamp stage without reducing the bandwith of this stage. With 2V peak to peak the gain is to much higher for the EL84 . I need a gain about 5 to 8.

I tried with resistors before the first tube but the bandwith reduce proportionally with the value of the resisor. I suppose that I need a high impedance input for CD player?

I hope you can help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.