Bass booster add-on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi audio gods, here's the deal... I got one of the new windows phones. It's great, but there is no kind of equalizer for audio, and it all comes out flat. Back in the days of the discman, I remember having a remote on my headphones that had a switch for "bass booster". I desperately need to get my hands on one of these. Can anyone help me out with this? Some links maybe?

This is the closest I've found but is way too big:
Bass Booster as headphone accessories products, buy Bass Booster as headphone accessories products from alibaba.com

This is more what I'm looking for in terms of size:
Amazon.com: Sony MDREX58V/BLK EX Series Earbud Headphones: Electronics

Thanks!

I'd try one of the little FiiO amps with switchable bass boost, like the E6. They're doing a pretty nice job and don't break the bank. (Plus you might find the headphone out performs a lot better when it only has to drive the amp!) Charging is via USB.

BTW, the remotes wouldn't have performed bass boost themselves, but rather activated a corresponding circuit in the controlled device. Not sure whether those ICs are still around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.