• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

MCC with Fisher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I had a friend give me a moving coil cartridge so I bought a step up transformer(Pro-Ject phono box) for it and found I couldn't use it with my old Fisher 800C as I guess the step up transformer loads the Fishers phono section pre-amp? with distortion as a result.
The only thing that sounded OK was using the Aux/Tape input which I use for my CD player.
Is it possible to tweak the bias on one of the phono inputs to use a MCC directly into the amp?

IIRC, the Pro-Ject phono box is a phono preamp, which should be used in combination with a line level I/P.

No, you can't use a LOMC cart. directly into the Fisher's phono section. Gain is INSUFFICIENT. To use a LOMC cart. with the built in phono section, you need to acquire step up transformers. Possibilities include the offerings of CineMag, Jensen, and Sowter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.